September 1, 2012

Artist Birthday Party

Saturday Sept, 1st we celebrated little miss Hadley's 7th Birthday!! It was great because we got to have the party on her actual Birthday. This summer I had been combing the Internet for party ideas and thought it would be a blast to have an Art themed birthday party! Hadley agreed! A few times when I started to second guess how much time and effort I was putting into the party, I even tried bribing Hadley with money NOT to have a party. Even offered her $100. "No way she said." So a full blown party it became. Nama was actually even able to fly in from Utah and visit and be there for the party. (best part of all)

The invite:



 The girls made their own works of art on canvas.They created tissue paper rainbows, bead art and made jewelry. Sounds easy right?? The girls blew through the crafts so quickly that we ended up playing Pictionary for quite awhile. Think they liked that part the best. Note to self.. Keep it simple. Free entertainment most times works best with kids.








 The kids had a great time and I enjoyed working on all the little details and trying to make the party colorful and fun!

I designed these paint brushes to go with the candy filled  paint buckets.(They were my favorite thing from the party)Kari and Nama were wonderful and came and helped me pull everything together. Another favorite from the party were the over sized crayons I found at the dollar store. We also had a lot of fun tying in some of the food into the art theme.


 Goodie bags for friends. Thank you for coming!




 Kari and Grammy crafting their little hearts out
 The girl cousins. (Campbell & Hadley)

Hadley doesn't really enjoy cake so instead I made her a multicolored art palette "cake"with cupcakes with marshmallow creme cheese frosting.

Next on the food list were these rice krispie paint brush treats. Looked cute, but the candy melts are too sweet for my taste. We set up a table for the girls to enjoy their snacks and refuel their "creative juices".








 Here is the birthday girl, making her special wish.


My Birthday wish for this little girl is to stay sweet and innocent. I wish time could just stand still sometimes.

Hadleys favorites at 7
Favorite hobby: Painting canvases
Favorite food: Pizza
Favorite color: Rainbow
Favorite friend: Olivia
She wants to be a Veteranarian when she grows up.
Her favorite subject in school: Reading and Math
Favorite place to be: At my friends house
Her perfect day would be...Go to the movies, get my nails done and eat lunch with my mom.

Happy Birthday Hadley!!

1 comment:

littlelanges said...

Looks like another big hit! Wish we could have been there to see it in person. Rylee was dying to go to her party, wish I could have sent her!Love that Hadley girl!