This weekend was a crazy one to say the least. We had made plans to go to a movie in the park with Lettie and Ryan but our plans changed due to some unforeseen events. Davin had been so excited to go to a Birthday party for a boy from his class. He had been talking about it for weeks. It was a Star Wars themed BBQ complete with a huge inflatable bouncy jumper. Well, to make a long story shorter...when I picked Davin up the mom of the boy from the party informs me that Davin bit his tongue while in the bouncy thing, but she thought apparently he was okay because he didn't complain and went right on bouncing.
As soon as Davin gets in the car he starts screaming bloody murder that his tongue hurts. So we get to Lettie and Ryan's and I realize his tongue has a huge, gash on it and it's starting to bruise and swell on one side. So we decide to go to an ER that is close by after finding out that an Urgent Care can't do stitches on a tongue. Then we were off to the hospital.....I'm going to try and give the shortened version here. So after 5 hours of waiting for the doctors to decide if they were going to put Davin under or do stitches while he was awake, they finally decided to put him out while they did the procedure. After the stitches we waited another 3 hours and then they decide to send us to another hospital to monitor Davin over night because they were concerned with how swollen his tongue was and they were afraid it could block his airway.
So Davin gets transported in an ambulance to another hospital at about 1:30 am. Poor guy was so tired he was asleep for the ambulance ride and he didn't even realize until the next day that he already had stitches in his tongue. The only positive to the whole night was the nurse we met at the second hospital at 2 am was the sweetest and most caring nurse I have ever had. She was so wonderful with Davin and made our experience just that much better. You could tell she genuinely cared for people and loved her job. I need to send her a thank you card.
Davin is doing great and his tongue has healed rather quickly. I just can't wait to see how much this little Birthday party accident is going to cost us. We were going to have a Bouncy Birthday party for Davin in April, but I don't think that will ever happen again!! No trampolines or bouncy houses for the family!!!!
Here is the crazy proof on the accident. I'm sure Davin will love these when he gets older.
Davin is doing great and his tongue has healed rather quickly. I just can't wait to see how much this little Birthday party accident is going to cost us. We were going to have a Bouncy Birthday party for Davin in April, but I don't think that will ever happen again!! No trampolines or bouncy houses for the family!!!!
Here is the crazy proof on the accident. I'm sure Davin will love these when he gets older.
BEWARE!!!
3 comments:
How horrible! Glad to hear he is doing better. You must have been freaking out!!
OMG! I am so glad he is much better...I'm gonna think twice about letting my kids on one of those jumpy things again.
Our poor sweet Davin. I can't believe he made it through the whole party that way! What a trooper :) I am gald he's doing better. I don't know if we will be doing the bouncy things anymore at our house, thanks a lot!! :)
Post a Comment