June 3, 2009

CAN IT BE????

It's official , I turned 30 Thursday May 28th!! I don't feel any different unless you count the fact that I am always exhausted lately and I feel like I'm losing my mind!!! I literally feel like I'm losing my memory. It's a little scary. I think I'm going to contribute it to trying to multi-task too much!!

Anywho, I was so happy to be able to take a trip to Cali with all my sisters in celebration of my B-day and also just to get together and have a break from the everyday, craziness.


Lettie and I drove up to Newport Beach Wednesday night and Holly and Naomi flew in that night as well.



The first morning consisted of a yummy breakfast and then we headed down to the beach. We rented beach cruisers and rode up and down the beach for awhile, not realizing that we were all getting fried from the sun. We were at the beach for almost 5 hours. The weather was so amazing the whole time we were there. It's hard to realize you are getting fried when it is only about 68 degrees out. We all looked like a bunch of lobsters and I'm still peeling!!!






Naomi and I were looking for shells for our kids. I wish I could live this close to the beach!! A girl can dream right???




We shopped a lot and played a few funny games. We tried the game chubby bunny (Thanks Lettie) to see who could stuff the most marshmallows in their mouth without choking, all the while saying the phrase "Chubby Bunny" I think Naomi demonstrated it perfectly in this video. I do have to give it to Holly she was the ultimate winner with 12 marshmallows. I didn't do so well. I don't really like marshmallows witch made it even that much more difficult!


We also bought a game called The game of Things. This game is exclusive to Target and is hilarious to play with a group of friends. I think it is my new favorite.

A few of my favorite topics were :
Things you wouldn't say to the first lady.
Things you wish you didn't know.
Things you shouldn't throw off a building.
Things you wouldn't want to title a children's book....You get the idea. Anyhow, let's just say we were laughing like crazy!!! It is a must have!!

We ate a lot of yummy food and even went for a second bike ride behind out hotel that was about 9 miles. Let's just say I haven't rode a bike in a long time and I thought my butt and other areas in that region my just fall off. Talk about painful!!! Now I know why someone invented padded biking shorts!!!

It was great to spend some much needed time away and get to see some of my favorite people in the world. We decided to make it a yearly event!!!

I will have to get more pictures from Lettie, but I didn't really take too many!! I was trying to just enjoy the moment!!



Happy 30th
to me!!!!!


Chubby Bunny anyone???

4 comments:

The Steenbliks said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you guys had a blast!!!

littlelanges said...

Your offically an "old lady." Which means I will be too in 2 years! :) Scary.. Your one hot 30 year old!!

Lettie Peterson said...

I posted the pics and my thoughts finally!!!!

Nadine said...

I'm so glad that you girls took your trip for your b-day. It's wonderful to see pictures of all the things you do. I realize that living so far away I really do miss so much wonderful stuff that goes on with your family. Looking forward to the 4th of July. Love, Mom