September 7, 2009

I hate SCORPIONS

We have lived in our house for almost 7 years and never had problems with scorpions, or at least not that I was aware of. All of a sudden this year I seem to find one every couple of weeks in the garage or we have been greeted by one just inches from our feet in our kitchen or in our upstairs bathroom.

I am not afraid usually of most bugs, this is not to say that I love them, but I can usually dispose of them myself with out needing to call Dave.

Saturday morning Dave leaves a note for me to call pest control again because he found another scorpion in the garage before he was leaving for work and almost stepped on it with his bare feet. YUK!!! So I call pest control to come that same day but they can't come until WED when they will be in our area......UGH!!!!

So that same night Hadley is upstairs playing dress up and I hear a blood curdling scream and think that Davin must've done something to her. I think that until I hear him asking her "what happened, are you okay?". I run upstairs and she is screaming at the top of her lungs that a spider bit her. I ask her where were you playing and she points just feet away to the end of the couch upstairs in our loft. I walk over and sure enough there is a tiny SCORPION just sitting there next to her sparkly dress up shoes. I smashed that stupid thing and we head downstairs to call Dave at work to ask the paramedics at work what we need to do for a scorpion sting to a 4 year old. I've heard that a sting to a little kid can be very dangerous, if you find out they are allergic, it freaked me out a little I must admit. I've never had to deal with a sting before, but it scares you when you hear stories from others!!!.................To make a long story short she just cried a lot and we kept her foot under the water for a while since it made her feel better and our neighbor Keith came over with a black light to check for any other scorpions so we could sleep easier that night.Happy to report he didn't find any!! If only the pest control would've come when we needed them. I think I might consider moving to another state if this scorpion problem continues.

DID I MENTION I HATE SCORPIONS????

No comments: