March 7, 2010

Bump,set, Spike...kind of

Addyson just finished her first season of Volleyball and is getting ready to start another one this spring. She really enjoyed it and did really well especially for never playing before. By the end of the season she was getting mostly all her serves over and did really well at returning the ball. Her whole team really improved drastically since the start of the season. They played against much older and more experienced teams and really hung in there.

Their team name was the "Strikers". I'm hoping that volleyball will be a good fit for her, since she is obviously going to be one tall girl. So far so good. The only bad part about starting with a new team is that she didn't get to stay with any of her old teammates. I guess, next time I will learn to make a request through the league...Oh well. We are looking forward to a new fun season.

Maybe this season the girls will incorporate "setting" into their game. That was one thing that was hard to grasp. Okay, just remember these are 9-12 year olds we are talking about.
GO ADDY!!!

No comments: