May 31, 2010

Cardinal Flag Football

Davin has offically joined the football ranks. He had been begging for over a year to start playing football and this spring he finally got his wish.We had to start off with flag football though. Their team name was rightfully the Cardinals. It was pretty funny though because pretty much every team they played had also named themselves the Cardinals!!

Davin had two wonderful coaches. A grandpa to one of Davin's teammates was their head coach. I have never met anyone more organized and more into helping these boys learn the game of football. He would get to the games like 3 hours early as well as the practices to reserve his "spot". Coach Jerry and his wife were amazing. His wife made a banner for every game for the boys to run through as well as special Cardinal stickers to wear so they would look "offical". Talk about grandparents of the YEAR!!

Dave actually ended up helping coach the team as well. He was the deffensive coach. Thse boys practiced 3 days a week, no matter what. I can't believe how hard they worked. I know Davin had a blast playing. He looked forward to it. Of course we are a little biased, but Dave is convinced that Davin is a natural and has way more of a love and enthusiasum for the game than he ever did at such a young age. This kid could live eat and breathe football. I recently found an old video of him at 18 months where he was playing catch with a football and he looked like such a baby.He even had a pacifier in his mouth.

So these last few months have been a blur due to sports. We literally had practice 5 nights a week, between football and Volleyball and 2 to3 games on Saturdays!! I'm tired just thinking about it. All the practices payed of though. Davin's team Won 7 games, tied 1 and lost only 1.
WAY TO GO CARDINALS!!


Davin is signed up for tackle starting this Fall. I'm biting my nails just thinking about it. My little boy is growing up and I don't want him to!!

Davinator #12

GO CARDINALS!!!

COACH DAVE "AKA DAD"

Realxing in the Shade.
The Final Record

Team CARDINALS
Davin's coach even bought all the boys their own engraved metals
on his own. We were so lucky to start with such a great coach!
WAY TO GO DAVIN!!




The coaches wife made this cake with all the boys names on it!!

1 comment:

Lettie Peterson said...

I still read your blog; )..I'm proud of you guys for being so good about having your very excited and capable kids in sports.I know it's a lot of work but they will thank you one day.