December 31, 2010

Still catching up

I received a text the other day from the "BLOG POLICE" telling me that I better update my blog or ELSE!! I'll see how much I can get caught up on.

It seems like September through December were a blur. I think I should start with Football since it is mostly to blame for all the craziness. Davin started playing in a new Tackle football league (San Tan Youth Football League) which consumed most of our summer and Fall. They started by practicing 5 days a week for 2 hours in August and then it changed to 3 days a week, with games on Saturdays. This continued until the beginning of December.

Davin had so much fun and learned a lot. He had been talking about becoming an Eagles football player since he had turned 6. Since he had to be 7 to play, he was thrilled that he turned that magic number in April and finally got his chance to full fill his dream. Their team did an amazing job. They actually won the Championship for their age division (The Mighty Mites). Their records was (9 and 1). Although the team they lost to during their regular season they beat for the Championship game. They won 13 to 0. Davin can't wait to start the next season. I definitely can WAIT!!
October is my FAVORITE month of the year!! I don't think this year I felt the same about dear old OCTOBER. It was way to stressful and I would like to forget about the stress and focus on some of the FUN that we had.

In the begining of October Dave and 3 of his friends finalized the taking over of a local Cross Fit Studio and became the offical owners of a fitness studio close by. NOT STRESSFUL AT ALL!!! I'll have to share some info on that journey a little later.

This year I hosted Card Club that included a sit down dinner, as well as a Halloween craft. We made a Halloween Spell book that I designed on Photo shop and we added a few things to help SPOOKY -IFY it. It turned out super cute. I was so busy hosting that I didn't end up making one to keep for myself. I guess there is always next year...RIGHT??

Here is the spell book. We did a small and a big version of these. Michaels had the perfect material covered hard books that we just added a label and some other appropriate junk to.

This was my Card for Card club. The background was a spin off from the spell book that I made. I love this witch! I found her on Etsy.

This was one of my very favorite finds this year. Target had these super cheap plastic dinner plates. I bought as many as a I could justify for a dinner party. Can't wait to use them again next year!


After card club came my annual Halloween Work bunco Party!! This is always so much fun to see how everyone decides to dress up.


We had everything from "Snookie" from Jersey Shore, to a grown up Big Bird.

This year I asked the kids if they wanted to dress up as the characters from Alice in Wonderland. (The Tim Burton Version) Everyone agreed, with the exception of Davin. He didn't want to go along with my idea. I thought it was only right that Davin and Dave would be Tweedle Dee and Tweddle Dum. Instead he opted for a skeleton.
Hadley (The wrong Alice), Addy (The Red Queen), Davin (skeleton) cousin Landon (Solider from Toy story)


Addy was in character the whole night. Don't you just love this attitude? OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!

Hadley thought it would be fun to be the "Wrong Alice" from Alice in wonderland. They call her this during the movie, because she keeps telling them she is not the Alice they are looking for. This is a dress that they made out of the curtains in the queens castle.
I looked all over the internet for a kids costume that would work for this and ended up putting something together with a little last minute help from my friend Catherine's mom. She sewed this little silk apron to help pull the costume together. Then I made a tea cup head band and covered it glitter. It said drink me.
These were some of the details of the costume from the back. It was so pretty.
Hadley went to the coolest Halloween party for a kid from her class. I think I met someone who actually does way more for Halloween than me. They even decorated the most amazing kids "Playhouse" as a haunted house for the kids in the backyard. I've never been to a more amazing kids Halloween party. I think I was more excited than Hadley. I didn't take many pictures, because I didn't want to seem like a weirdo!!Dave was such a good sport, as usual and was my Tweedle Dee side kick. We put all this together from savers and I bought the hat that had an attached wig and then added some crazy red eyebrows.
My next favorite thing after having an excuse to dress up, is having an excuse to put out spooky and creepy decorations. Some of our decorations stayed the same, but a few changed. I switched out my green Halloween tree for a white one. I put together this cute witches hat as a tree topper and Lettie found some cute new Halloween picture frames for my tree at Tai Pan in California, along with a few other things.

This was my entry way table this year. Here are some of the things close up. The kids loved trying to take out the sticky eye balls and throw them all over the place.
This was my version of an old fashioned spooky crate. I had seen the real deal for something like this and it was $100. So instead I spent $6 and bought an old Pepsi crate and sanded it and hand painted it to get what I wanted. I really liked the way it turned out. Then I filled it with old spooky looking jars.

Lettie found these feathery bats for me in California.


We decided to hang some black bird cages with skeletons and crows in them on our portch and hung these creepy black curtains.

This was Dave's contribution to the decor. He was so proud of his sign!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the Cross Fit Gym? I wanted to join one :)
Anne

Five Silly Switzer's said...

Hey Anne! The CrossFit Gym is in the Gilbert/Chandler are near Germann & Cooper Rd. Check out the website:
www.code-3-fitness.com
Call or Email Dave with any questions...
info@code-3-fitness.com
602-321-7737