The league starts out each game with what they call a zero quarter where they give all the players, including the non starting players a chance to try different positions. Davin asked if he could be the zero quarter QB and was happy to get his wish. He quickly was moved to one of the starting QB's and was used for most of the hand off plays. He was the teams kicker and was also a Linebacker. They had a great season and made it to the championships again this year, but unfortunately they lost 7-0. Davin was really disappointed and shed a few tears as did many of boys on the team. They played their best and that is what matters, but it still didn't help heal the disappointment. They practice and play so hard, so I understand the frustration. They started practice this season the beginning of September and didn't end until late December. They start practice 5 nights a week for 2 hours each night in the sticky, mosquito filled grass and in the yucky AZ Sept temps and end in the chilly December temps.
Dave helped coach again and I know the boys enjoy him as a coach. He was lovingly given the name Coach "King Kong" by a few of the players and moms. Last year he was Coach Big Dave since there were 2 coach Daves.
Dave helped with the majority of the conditioning and focused on special teams and defense. I'm so proud of both my boys for giving it their all!! I love how serious they look in this picture. They definitely have their game faces on. Football is serious business you know.
I asked Davin after the season was over if he would want to place Quarter Back next year and he quickly replied, " no way". When I asked him why, he said, he wanted to be able to tackle people!! That's my boy!!
No matter what this mom is still proud of her boys! We will get them next year. Go EAGLES!!
Here are a few more pictures from the season. The good ones are from one of the mom's that actually takes great photos! I'm so glad she was willing to share.
This is one of my favorite photos of the boys. It shows such great unity amongst these boys. You can barely see but if you look inside the circle, it is Dave standing in the middle talking to them during their Championship game!





Poor, Davin was a little sad about not winning it all.
(Regular season pictures)
Ready, set..... KICK!!













No comments:
Post a Comment