January 6, 2009

Hangin w/ the Fam...

One of the best parts about the holidays this year was that we got to see our niece Hailey. We haven't seen her in almost three years!!! We decided to go bowling and all the kids had a blast!!! Hailey is the sweetest girl ever. She hadn't changed at all, she had just grown a little taller. Her and Addyson are almost exactly 2 years apart. Hailey is 10 and Addy just turned 8.

I love this cute picture of my brother Kyle and Hailey.

We all showed up to the bowling alley and realized we were all almost completely matching. Lettie and Kyle were cracking me up because they were both worried about splitting their "tight" pants while bowling. Well, somebody did split their pants.....I'm not going to out that 'Somebody' though.

We had so much fun hanging out with everyone, but it was short lived because we had to rush home and start packing to head up to Kari and Kyle's cabin for some fun in the snow. We didn't want to be driving in the snow in the dark, icy roads. I'm glad we left when we did because they actually closed some of the road about an hour after we went through, because of black ice!!


The next day after a good nights sleep, we were determined to make a snowman, but the snow was way too hard. I'm used to the soft Utah snow.






So we gave up on the snowmen and decided to try out the sleds. It was sooooo cold outside even though it wasn't like 3 feet of snow outside. The day we were outside sledding it was about 15 degrees out. The kids didn't care and played until Hadley the little dare devil went down face first on the sled into a pile of dirt and rock and got a mouth full!!!


Landon and Davin sledding together.

It cracks me up to see everyone all bundled up and barely able to move.


Addyson should not be able to wear my ski jacket from about 10 years ago. How am I going to keep up with this girl??


Cute little snow kids!!!

One of the nights we were there Dave decided even though it was probably in the negative temps that he would start a fire and we would do smores. Well, we got all the kids bundled up and we went outside and decided that it was way tooooooo cold and came inside. Well, most of us came inside. There were a couple brave souls that stayed outside. Here is the proof.

Another fun part of the trip was playing Catch Phrase with Dave's family. We played boys against girls and Dave's dad was cracking us all up. His clues on the game were so hilarious and I'm not sure if I've heard someone say "shit" that many times while playing a game. It was cracking us all up.

1 comment:

littlelanges said...

I am not used to seeing snow pictures on your blog? It looks like you kiddos had a blast!