
Okay, what the heck??? We have lived in our house for just about 5 years and there has already been 2 bad house fires in our neighborhood. This one was a little too close for comfort.Last night I got a text from Dave saying that there was a house fire around the corner from our house. I was on my way home from a computer class and this is what I came home to. Nobody was hurt, which is great!! They think a propane tank exploded in the garage. When Dave saw the flames he said he called 911 and then told the kids to stay inside while he went to see what was going on. When he came back aprox 90 seconds later (according to Dave) Davin was crying hysterically because Addyson had told him that "Dad was going to the fire and he was going to die!!" I don't know what possessed her to say that.
The fire started at about 6:15pm and they were still fighting it at midnight when we went to bed. Dave got up while it was still dark (6am) and walked down to see how things looked and said there were a few people out looking at the house and that the garage was on fire again, so the fire depart had to come back this morning to put it out again.
I'm glad the family is okay that lived there. I just hope it doesn't take as long as it did to rebuild the last house that burned. It took almost 2 1/2 years to re-build the last house. It is such a real reminder as to how your life can change at any given moment. I think I'm going to use this as a lesson on not taking each day for granted and also to get my most prized possessions (pictures-mostly) in a safety deposit box. My kids really are my most prized possession, but I can't really lock them up, now can I?
3 comments:
Ohhhh that made me laugh about what Addysson said to Davin poor kid that probably scared the crap out of him!!!!Give him ahug for me.
That is completely crazy! And one of my worst fears....I can do lotson photochop elements, but it drives me nuts knowing that there is SO much more I don;t even know about! I need to take the time someday to take a class...
ok, this is kinda freaking me out because brynlee is right above the garage! that is a sad deal.
Post a Comment