July 21, 2008

Summer High Lights

It seems like I can't keep up w/ some of the things that we are doing with the kids this summer, so I thought I would post a few more highlights from this summer.






When we got home from Utah Addy's Grammy had bought tickets for Addyson to go see High School Musical at Gammage at ASU. Addy said it was so much fun and Grammy said the seats she got were great. She didn't even realize that she had gotten such great seats when she bought the tickets. They both had a blast and Addy thought it was so cool that the Auditorium filled with streamers after the show was over.I asked Addyson who was her favorite person in the show and of course her answer was Troy. I wish I could've gone. Dave and I finally watched HSM from start to finish a couple weeks ago and I actually thought it was cute. We've had it for a couple of years and never watched it all the way through, go figure... Thanks grammy for such a fun experience for Addy.

When we were in Disneyland in December they were doing the HSM2 parades and Addyson got pulled from the audience to go up and sing and dance with them, which was the coolest part of the whole trip to her. Good thing she had been practicing her singing at home.!!! I was so sad because my camera was out of batteries during the parade. =(























Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL - ASU Gammage - June 24-29, 2008





















Dinosaur Museum






Last week we also took the kids to the Museum of Natural History to see the Dinosaurs. I had never been there before so it was pretty cool. They had a traveling exhibit called the PSI (poop Scene Investigation) that was all about poop. It was Hilarious and gross all at the same time. I did learn a lot though. Apparently whales are the biggest poopers(10" wide and several yards long) and rabbits poop up to 500 pellets per day, you would have to poop about every 3 minutes to poop that much, (i though Breast Feeding was demanding!!!) Then you have the Civet Cat that eats coffee cherries and then poop out coffee beans and you guessed it, they brew those beans into am expensive coffee that sells for about $50.oo a cup. I remember hearing about this in the movie The BUCKET LIST w/ Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicolson.... Yuk!!






They had a lot to see and I'll just leave it at that. You might not want to go if you have a weak stomach for these kinds of things. They had a lot of hands on stuff you could do =)!!



The kids had a blast and there was more to see than I had thought. They even had a place for the kids to pan for gold and see themselves in old time movies and a Flash flood that happened every 30 minutes or so.
















Addy and Hadley doing her best "mean" Dinosaur face!!

1 comment:

littlelanges said...

Oh GC, Addy does not look like she is a first grader! You are going to be so in for it! I am so glad that Kristi is such a great grandma.. U guys are soo lucky to have her!:) Miss U guys!