I obviously have been really excited for all the Halloween festivities this year. I actually tried this year to make some fun and scary food even though we weren't having some huge party. I had a lot of fun with it and I'm sure I will do it again next year. We made some yummy "monster mouths" and spider cupcakes and Kari brought over some "bone bread sticks" and "candy corn"pizzas. Here are some pictures of the fun food and party decorations. I was so excited because the night before Halloween I found a really cool, old candelabra at Goodwill for like $4.00. I came home and spray painted it and love it. Can't wait to use it next year.
I seem to reallly like Skeletons this year. Can you tell?

Dave helped me a ton with all the food and was making me laugh because he was giggling like a little kid when he was helping me make these. I think a little of my love for Halloween might be rubbing off on him. Can't you tell by these HILLLaRRRious pictures of him trying to act out his Halloween costume. He took forrrever trying to get his bloody make-up just right. You can't really tell in these pictures,but he has a Knife stuck in his head. 

So after some yummy food it was off with Kari and Lettie and Ryan to go get some candy for the kids. They didn't understand why we wouldn't let them go out until the sun went down. Hard concept when you are a kid.

Davin's costume was cracking me up. We bought it back in August and needles to say he has grown a little since then. YOU could SEE EVERY NOOK AND CRANNY ON THAT Little boy. Kari said he looked like one of the performers from Cirque Du soleiel, with his tight little costume on. It was good for some laughs. DAVIN was a cool POWER RANGER, as if you coudln't alreay tell.

So after some yummy food it was off with Kari and Lettie and Ryan to go get some candy for the kids. They didn't understand why we wouldn't let them go out until the sun went down. Hard concept when you are a kid.
Addy was so excited to wear this 50's Waitress costume. She even brought some paper and pens in case someone wanted her to take their order.The over sized glasses made it fun too.
Davin and his MUSCLY POWER RANGER COSTUME. That boy was dripping w/ sweat by the end of the night.
And finally MINNIE MOUSE.
Hadley had soooo much candy that she could barely carry her bucket. She kept telling Uncle Ryan that she had "STRONG MUSCLES" and she could carry it. She obviously needed a little help. Thanks Ryan.
Hadley coming out of some one's house, uninvited once again. She wanted to make herself at home as soon as anyone would open the door.
Who said Lettie didn't dress up????
One of my neighbors carved the biggest pumpkins I have ever seen. This thing almost took up the whole bench. I thought it was fake from far away. You could smell this thing cooking from a mile away....yummy... I love the smell of pumpkins lit for Halloween.

Here is Landon and Hadley and Grammy and Kari in her super CREATIVE Halloween costume. She decided last minute to go as "SMARTY PANTS". Her pants were covered in smarties and she even had some in her bag to hand out to TRICK OR TREATERS. She made the cutest name tag too that you can't really see in this picture.
What happened to Dave??? I thought he died in the previous pictures??? Here I am left with the left over Cha Cha fruit, lady cosutme that Addyson opted not to wear after all. It was really fun and I got a lot of nice compliments on it while I was out Trick or Treating with the kids. Can't believe that Addyson and I can swap cosutmes. Scurrry...
The whole night was a blast, but I'm glad it's all over and that my house is somewhat back to normal and everything is put away....for now that is... Until next Halloween. CAN'T WAIT.
3 comments:
I am going to your house next year for Halloween! I love you & Dave's costumes! Kari's is super cute too! I would love to see parents dress up with their kids... You go girl... I need to get more into it next year! :)
We missed seeing you guys on halloween!!
you are the halloween queen
Post a Comment