We helped Naomi and Holly get their decorations up for Christmas. Now if I could just get my own stuff up. Lettie worked her magic on both trees and it was well worth the lack of sleep, since we were staying up late to get it all done. I found this super cute Red polka dot tree skirt and matching stockings and bought some for me and Naomi since they were so adorable!!! We saw a Dr Seus style tree last year at a store in Utah and we were trying to copy it for her.
Don't you just love the colors on this tree??? This is Holly's tree all dressed up for the Holidays. Lettie and Naomi worked their magic for sure. I am really loving anything green right now!!
So I guess the whole trip wasn't spent decorating trees.... We also helped Holly finish Violet's room so when she came for Thanksgiving it would all be ready for her. We all pitched in and got it done just in time for us to need to leave and catch out plane to come home. Love it!!! It's the same colors, pretty much as Hadley and Addyson's room . I guess maybe I'll have to post a picture of their room as soon as I get the super cute vinyl chandeliers up on the walls I got in Utah.
I know Violet is going to love her room. We put a lot of love into it. I was complaining because I got to do all the" guy " work, while the other girls were doing all the fluffing!!!
Some other great highlights of the trip were going to meet my mom at school and eat lunch w/ her as soon as we got into town. Maybe one day she will get to retire from teaching. She has been teaching as long as I can remember. I felt like I actually got to spend some time with my mom this trip. It was really nice.
Naomi's husband Chris also turned 30 this past weekend!! Naomi came up with the great idea that we would trash Chris's car while he was at work. He car pools to work so we went to the Home Depot where he car pools and got his car good!!! We got a few looks while we were doing it. Naomi bought Depends diapers and toilet paper and we wrote some appropriate "old person" sayings on his windows. We hid in the parking lot until he got there and zoomed in as close as we could to get his reaction when he saw our masterpiece. The best part of all is he didn't even bother to clean anything off and just started to drive home with it all attached . We we laughing so hard as he drove by with everything flying off the car.
I love getting to see all the nieces and nephew(the lone ranger Tanner) this trip too. Naomi's girls were so cute and Rylee became my little buddy and would come and snuggle with me!!! Rylee and Ella were being so cute for the camera and were hamming it up for me. These girls were putting on a show!!! I wish I could see all these cuties more often!!
This is one of the only pictures I got with Berkley in it. She is so cute. All the girls were hanging out reading stories w/ Nama and Aunt Lettie.
One night Lettie, Naomi and Holly and I got to all go out to see a movie and eat dinner. It was a pretty funny night. It just so happened to be the night that the movie Twilight was coming out and Naomi was making us laugh so hard, because she was making a fool out of herself yelling out to everyone that she "LOVED EDWARD" and on and on. There were some people pretty decked out and one group of guys and girls that were dressed as vampires and they actually looked great.....We didn't go see Twilight but we did go see " The Secret Life of Bees". It was good, but really sad. It was a great movie to go see with all my sisters since most of the characters are all sisters. We tried snapping a picture together in the theatre, but it wasn't an easy task. Lettie kept cutting at least one person out of the picture. I was about to pee my pants from laughing by the time we finally got everyone it the picture. The worst part of the night was our waiter trying to guess who was the oldest and youngest of the group of us sisters. He guessed me as the second to oldest and Lettie as youngest....What ???? Hello???? Are you kidding...We secretly think that he though Lettie was the one who was going to fit the bill and was trying to get a bigger tip.
One other great highlight of the trip was that I was able to meet up with my old roommate Sarah. I haven't seen her in over 4 years and she seems to move a lot lately while her husband is finishing school. I was finally able to meet her two little girls Avery and Maddie. They are both adorable and it was a long overdue night of fun!! Miss you already Sarah!! I used to live with such a great group of girls!! I miss them all. Sarah....if you read this, this is for you and any other old roommate that will get it..... "WHAT ARE YOOOU DOOOING?"" (said in a really low manly voice)
I guess I can thank Lettie for the documenting evidence on this next "LOW LIGHT". It it seems like Naomi and Holly always have a portion of their underwear hanging out or peeking up, So i decided it would be funny to give them both a little wedgie lovin, since I don't get to see them very often. Well, apparently they didn't think it was very funny and ganged up on me and Holly sat on me while Naomi gave me an ATOMIC WEDGIE. Let's just say that I think I might have a scar from the whole incident!!! Thanks a lot. Remember paybacks are a B-----!! Ha Ha!!
I hope I don't have to wait another 6 months to see my family. I gets harder and harder to be away from them. Although I know if it's awhile before I see them we will be able to pick up right where we left off from with no problem, like no time has passed. Love you girls!!! ( Mom that includes you!!!)
4 comments:
love the wedgie pix!
It was soooo great seeing you and your wild and crazy fam;)
Thanks for letting us hang for so long. I just can't get enough of ya!!
The trees look beautiful! I love the tree skirt too! My tree needs a total overhaul this year.
The pink/black room is darling!
OMG!! The wedgie picture!!! That had me cracking up! You are such a good sport for putting them up for all of us too see :)
Post a Comment