December 23, 2008

Yet another embarrassing Moment in time...

This year all the kids got flu shots again and for the most part have managed to stay pretty healthy. I of course was the only one who didn't get one and usually don't. Well, I got my butt kicked last week and got really sick.

I woke up Monday morning and felt like I was going to die. My body ached so bad and I felt so weak and I was having some other issues. I will spare the details. So I manage to make it into work for about an hour.I should've never gone in the first place but I was feeling guilty. I hate calling in sick. I come home after about an hour and crawl into bed. I sleep from 9 am to about 2 pm and then decide to get up to go to the bathroom. I make it out of the bathroom and start to feel suuuppper nauseous and really dizzy. I try to make it back to the bathroom and the next thing I remember I am laying on my bathroom floor and my head is killing me.

I realize that I had passed out and hit my head on my bathtub. So I lay there and luckily Dave was home, so I start to yell his name. He comes into the bathroom and immediately dials 911. I told him I was fine and just to help me up. He of course won't let me move, because "he doesn't want a wife that is wheel chair bound because he moved her on accident".

So here is the embarrassing part. I obviously had become super dehydrated from being sick and I'm sure that's why I passed out. The embarrassing part was that all the guys that Dave works with got to come in my disaster of a room and my not so clean bathroom to come to my aide. Dave at least had enough forethought to change my clothes, because I had been sleeping in a cotton skirt and my undies were totally hanging out. He changed me into some cotton pants.
The fire department put me on an IV and made me go in an ambulance to get checked out at the hospital. Everything turned out fine and I was just diagnosed with a bad stomach flu and needed some re hydration and rest.
The worst part of the whole ordeal is that I'm sure we will get a huge bill in the mail from the ambulance company and I still have horrible marks on my arms from my IV that will not go away. I look like an IV drug user/ Junkie.

We even had to cancel Addyson's Birthday celebration because it was planned for the night that we ended up being at the hospital.

Here is what I learned from the whole ordeal:
1) Never wear a cotton skirt to bed in case you pass out and your husband isn't there to help change your clothes.
2) Never let your room get so messy that you would be embarrassed for anyone to come into it, even if it is Christmas time and your room has become the North Pole for Christmas preparations.
3) Never accept a ride in an ambulance unless you are missing a limb or in full cardiac arrest, because you will surely pay for it later.
4) Pray that if you do need to call the fire department that all you husbands co-workers will not have to see you naked unless you are on the verge of death and there is no other option. Maybe we need to move to another city close by...hmmmm....
5) Next year opt for the FLU SHOT. Well, I guess it was the stomach flu and it wouldn't have helped.......

5 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

Man, i'm glad that you were ok. I'm sure that was pretty scary. Its definitely a hard call to make on whether or not to call an ambulance. maybe you'll get lucky and insurance will pick up the tab. Hope that you feel better soon!

littlelanges said...

Love it! Anything for attention, right! Lessons to live by. I took notes! I could have told you to never get in an ambulance, unless you were dead!!! Those things cost a small fortune. We are still paying for our trip!

Jaime said...

Neicey,
Sorry you are sick, but even ill you always give me a chuckle...any luck that it was Ryan?...that would have been even better in my book1

miss you...Merry Christmas! and by the way, got the amazeing card...when do you find the time for all you do? can you give me some pointers...i can't get anything done

Sheri Lee said...

that totally sucks! I always think about what if I die or get really sick and my house is a disaster!? how embarrassing! I hope you feel better!

Marianne said...

ok i don't mean to laugh but that hits so close to home, i've sooo been there myself with the messy room, passed out in the bathroom from falling and hitting my head from passing out from a migrane and the FD being there and it was a guy we went to school with, in my bathroom with me in a towel laying on the floor in a messy bedroom, too funny but atleast your hub had sense to change your clothes :) and i'm so glad your ok :)the whole post was very funny :)