John Mayer and Colbie Caillat




I am such a lucky girl!!! On Wednesday night I got a last minute invite to the John Mayer and Colbie Caillat concert (not a personal invite from him...I wish). A group of friends of Lettie's had got tickets to the concert and somebody had backed out last minute and wasn't able to go. So, of coarse I got to tag along!! I quickly got on the phone to figure out how I could go. Lettie called me at 5:30pm and the Concert started at 7pm!!! I told you it was a little last minute. Dave was working a 24 hr shift so Aunt Kari graciously offered to let the kids come over and have a sleep over!!

We went and ate at Charleston's and then it was off to the concert. We got there a little late so we missed (I'm assuming) some of Colbie Caillat's songs. She was amazing. She has such a beautiful voice. My only disappointment was that we didn't get to hear her perform her song "Magic",which is my all time fav. That girl is beautiful and talented!!

After Colbie, came the one, the only John Mayer!!! Can I just say that he looked hot!! He had his head buzzed he looked like he had been working out!! I never would have guessed that he actually had some muscles on him. He is such an amazing guitarist!! He was even playing the guitar w/ a drum stick.
These pictures are actually from the concert. Not taken by me of course. We couldn't figure out why a guy was wearing black "Capris" .I thought for sure there was no way that Jennifer Aniston was involved in that wardrobe choice.

He played a variety of his songs and even some that weren't his. As soon as he started Gun's N Roses, "Sweet Child Of Mine", Cara and Lettie and I went crazy!!! It was hilarious!! Lettie and Cara were cracking me up w/ their " leg aerobic" dancing and then there was Lisa, and Minda striking a pose and taking self portraits!!
The concert was wonderful!! We even ran into our brother Kyle and his Girlfriend Jena. We had no idea they were going to be there. Great minds think alike, I guess.One lucky fan even got their camera up on stage and John Mayer took a picture of himself on it and handed it back!! Oh, to be in the front row.

The only disappointment of the night was that we didn't get to meet good ol' Johnny in person. We settled for this photo op of this poster from the concert!!!

Some of us were talking about the first concert that we had ever been to. It was funny to think back on that. I had to laugh when I told everyone my first concert was when I was in 5th grade and I went to MC HAMMER, JODECI and BOYZ II MEN. The even funnier part was that none of those groups are even really around anymore!!
Concerts are great!! I love music. Music of anykind for the most part. I started to brain storm on some of the concerts I've ben to over the past maybe 10 years or so.I tried to remember all of them but there are a few that didn't really hit it big and now I can't remember. I want to remeber this 20 years down the road!!! This is what I came up with....
MC HAMMER/BOYZ II MEN/JODECI
DAVE MATHEWS BAND (3 times) Always great!!
LIVE(One of my favorite concerts. They are amazing)
THE ROOTS
FUGEES/ ZIGGY MARLEY
TRIBE CALLED QUEST
ERYKAH BADU/ CYPRESS HILL/GEORGE CLINTON & Parliament FUNKADELIC
RASCALL FLATTS/ TOBY KEITH
FRAY/AUGUSTANA
JOHN MAYER/COLBIE CAILLAT
I'm sure there's more I can't remember. I hope that there are more to come!!
5 comments:
I'm totally jealous. What a great concert. I used to be a huge concert goer. Infact, I want to make a list too. I'm going to age myself, but my first concert was Def Leperd in 7th grade. Pretty radical huh? We have several concerts in common, but the funniest one is ERYKAH BADU/ CYPRESS HILL/GEORGE CLINTON & Parliament FUNKADELIC. We went to see Erykah Badu in Santa Barbara and she had to cancel so we were in the very front row (touching the stage) with creepy eyed Cypress Hill staring down at us and George Clinton in an adult diaper up close. It was a night to remember.
Good times!!!!!!!!!I'm glad you came along.I stold some of your pics.See you tomorrow night.I will try and come early
How RAD! That would be such an awesome concert to go to! I had no idea you like all those groups. You are quite the party girl!
Slut!!! I mean concert slut!! :) I am so jealous... You guys look like you had a blast... That would be one of my top 5 concerts that I would want to go see!! I bet it was awesome! They are both so good. Your not allowed to have that much fun with out me :(
We went to see him also with a my sister and a bunch of friends while we were in Utah. Justin and I decided we really like going to concerts and need to go more often. It was such a good show and he is surprisingly very funny! How's the kids new school?
Post a Comment