October 14, 2008

OLD FOLGIE!!!

Happy 31st Birthday!!Poor Dave had to work a 24 hour shift on his Birthday this year, so we decided to buy a yummy cake and take it to him at work. We dropped in to say hi for awhile and then had some family over for his "real" Birthday celebration the day after.Here is the official 31st Birthday photo of Dave at work.
We had everyone over for pumpkin pie, per Dave's request. It made it easy for me. He didn't request his usual Birthday cake. Dave wore this hat in honor of his Grandpa Kooi that had a Birthday 2 days after Dave's. He was given the hat when he was in Iowa when he passed away.The hat was one of Dave's grandpa's favorite's and now I think it is one of Dave's. I guess he is also trying to hide the Lion's mane that he is growing out right now. I can't wait until he cuts his hair. He says he's not going to cut it for a long time???? We will just have to see about that.
It's funny how as you age, your expectations of your Birthday can change. I think Dave might have felt like he missed out on a big B-day celebration, since for his 30th we just celebrated w/ a staycation here in town. Maybe next year we can throw you a big , crazy party!!!
Hope you had a good Birthday and that you know how much you are LOVED!!






No comments: